Hello Friends! Welcome back to my blog and to our very first Styling a Coffee Table Blog Hop Series, hosted by my friend Janine from Happy Happy Nester .
I know it’s been a while since my last post, but things are about to change☺…
On the 15th of each month, I, along with some talented interior design bloggers, will be coming back with easy tips and endless ideas for Styling a Coffee Table and I truly hope you find it useful and full of inspiration. So, thank you for joining us today and if you are here, visiting from the most inspiring twins on the planet, Julie and Jodie over at The Design Twins, I would like to give you a warm welcome!
I don’t know about you, but styling a coffee table, is one of my absolute favorite things to do, when it comes to decorating my home. It’s easy to change, makes a living room feel welcoming, warm and when guests come over… it never goes unnoticed!
Halloween, is just around the corner and being that it’s my (almost) 4 year old daughter’s favorite holiday (she’s been talking about Halloween since Halloween last year ☺), this is about the right time, to change up our living room, as a reflection of the season. While I love to decorate for Halloween, I like to keep my décor in sync with my style, without going crazy with the add-ons and not trying to make this a scary place either – my daughter wouldn’t be too amused. So, by adding little touches here and there within the same color palette of my room, it adds just enough halloween flair.
My six, easy and foolproof tips, for styling a coffee table that I always use, are:
H&M Pink Pillow
Faux Pink Bamboo Tray
1. Tray – Using a tray, is easy to pick everything up and keep it aside, when we want to put our feet up and watch TV.
2. Something Living – I mean, who doesn’t love fresh flowers, right? Fresh flowers set the mood of a room and are also a great way to add a pop of color. I like to keep mine size proportionate with the tray that I’m using.
The Fashion Book
3. Stack of Books – I love to decorate with books. They add visual interest and layers to any decor and I keep rotating them for a new look and feel. Personally, I like to keep my stack, no bigger than three, as I think it’s the right number for the perfect height, in our space.
4. Something Unique – It’s Halloween time! A skull with a crow on top and a spider (glittery one, if I may add ☺) are the perfect touch to make this tray interesting and a conversation piece.
Faux Pink Bamboo Tray
8×10 Morrocon Shag Rug
5. Something Tall – Different heights throughout, creates movement and makes our eyes notice all the little details that otherwise, would be hidden.
Porcelain Trinket Dish
6. Something Personal – I couldn’t think of anything more personal for the season than candy ☺ This one is chocolate, covered to look just like little pearls and it’s so cute! ☺
WayFair look a like Sofa Throw
Did you notice the little pink spiders that I added to my wreath and at the bottom of the crow’s seating place… This is how I like to take common elements from around the living room and make everything flow and feel connected.
Look a like Greek Key Black White Feather Filled 18-inch Throw Pillow
I added this greek key pillow, that I brought from Portugal, earlier this year and changed up the throw. Cozy layers and different textures do exactly that, turn a space comfortable, inviting and approachable.
World Market look a like Faux Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree
Pottery Barn look a like Faux Potted Fiddle Leaf Tree
Look a like Faux Fur Stool
Crate and Barrel Entertainment Center
Tufted Storage Ottoman Upholstery: Linen / Dark Gray
That’s how I’m Styling a Coffee Table for Halloween… Too Chic For Words, style! ☺
What do you think? Do you decorate for Halloween? I would love to hear your thoughts about Styling a Coffee Table monthly series and ideas/themes that you would love to see every month.
Thank you so much, for joining us today and I hope, you will come back again, next month, to see how I’m Styling a Coffee Table… for Thanksgiving.
Meanwhile, please be sure to continue the tour, by visiting my dear friend and beyond talented, San Francisco based interior designer, Reesa at Mod Max Glam, her sophisticated and modern style will certainly inspire you.
Don’t forget to visit the rest of my friend’s listed below to see their take on Styling a Coffee Table, for more easy tips and ideas.
Crazy Chic Design
Styled With Lace
2 Ladies And A Chair
Happy Happy Nester
Lindsay Hill Interiors
Maison De Cinq
Designs By Laila
Oscar Bravo Home
She Leaves A Little Sparkle
The Design Twins
Mod Max Glam